Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Matthew!

It was two years ago today that we were reunited with our son Matthew. What an exciting and happy day it was for us all. After waiting for 64 days since our first trip he was in our arms forever. I will never forget when one of the mama’s put him in my arms on this special day and the tears of joy were flowing from my eyes.

It’s been said that when you have a child the time just flies by and I have to say that its true. Never in my life has time gone by so fast. I wish there was something I could do to slow it down. I look at pictures of Matthew and am shocked by how much he has changed. It’s almost hard to remember back then. I’m so glad that we have our two blogs – our adoption journey and this one, so that we have a journal of Matthew growing up and the memories we have made along the way.

The past year has been a lot of fun. We went to our first circus, attended Kazapalooza in Sandusky, OH at the Kalahari Resort, went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City and did a lot of other fun little things along the way. The one thing that I enjoy the most, and I hope doesn’t end for quite awhile, is when Matthew says “Daddy, hold me” and he sits on my lap and we give each other big hugs.

I love our son with all my heart. He means the world to me. God really blessed me when He brought this sweet little boy my life.

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day son! We love you!



Here is the video of that perfect day two years ago –

No comments:

Post a Comment