Saturday, February 11, 2012

Matthew was the hit today at the Asian Buffet –

Michelle and I went for lunch today at the Asian Buffet. This is a restaurant that we visit about once per month because of all the great tasting food including the Mongolian Grill that they have.

Today was totally different from any other visit. Matthew was just being himself, saying “Hi” to everyone and smiling at the waitresses. All of the staff were people of Asian decent. Today there were two waitresses (young ladies in their early 20’s) that were just captivated with Matthew. One of them pretty much stood by me at our table the entire time and kept touching, tickling, and smiling at Matthew. It sort of felt weird since we were there to enjoy lunch and not have someone actually standing over us. The waitress mentioned how cute he was so I said “He’s from Kazakhstan”. She (and the other waitress who was there at the time) looked at my weird and said “Where’s that?” I said it’s just north-west of China. Once again they looked at me weird so I took out my Ipod touch that I have a picture of the country of Kazakhstan on (and you can see the China border along the south-east) and I showed them. The one young lady said “We are from China” then asked “Why is he here?” so I said that we adopted him. It seemed odd to me that they didn’t know where Kazakhstan was since it shares the border with China.

Anyway it seemed that he was the hit of the restaurant. We had a couple other people mention how cute he is and the manager even came over and asked us where he was from and mentioned how beautiful his eyes are.

No comments:

Post a Comment