Friday, February 24, 2012

Letting Go

I was reading my emails and there was one we receive monthly from Beechnut that tells about the development stage of your child.

Today we received one about having a 26 month old toddler (which he will be in just 8 more days). The subject line is "26 Months: Giving up naps, healthy snacks and more".

I read it as I do each month just to see where we are at and what we should expect this month. It's funny how each month they almost describe Matthew to a tee!

I realized that Matthew is getting older and becoming a little bit more independent with each blink of my eye. It seems like just yesterday that we were in Kazakhstan with a little baby who had a size 2 diaper that about fell off, now he is in a size 4 and is continuing to change.

The email ends with the subject of "Letting Go". This is the part I know I'm going to have the hardest time with. New memories are made each day yet I wish could just stop time and hold on to the moment a bit longer.

Letting Go
Watching your toddler become more independent each day can be bittersweet for most moms. He’s growing up faster than you ever thought possible. Just remember that learning to take care of himself is an important part of your little one’s personal and social development. And even though you won’t always be able to mother him, you’ll always be his mom. No matter how big he gets!


No comments:

Post a Comment