Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Matthew's first dentist visit

Last week Friday Matthew and I were playing as we always do after work. It was about 4:55PM and as I was tickling Matthew's belly while he was laying on the floor I could see all the way into his mouth since he was laughing so hard.

As would be the case I freaked out when I thought I saw a black spot on his very back tooth in the top row. Black??? What in the world could that be??? Does he have a cavity already??? I take the responsibility seriously of brushing his teeth every day once in the morning and once before bed. So how could this be happening to my precious little boy?

I grabbed my phone and called the dentist office and told them that I need to get him in as soon as possible. After I hung up I brushed his teeth again focusing on that back tooth on the top. I then took a little flashlight and he let me look at all his teeth. It looked as if his very back molar was pushing though - maybe it wasn't black after all.

Today was when the dentist could get us in. I figued we might as well go anyway since he's almost 2 1/2 years old and had never been there before. The Hygenist was very nice and Matthew remained very calm as he sat on my lap with the little bib over his shirt as she counted his teeth. Ten very beautiful teeth on the bottom and 9 1/2 nice ones on the top with that last molar all the way through! The Dentist came in and looked too. He counted Matthew's teeth and even looked at them with his little mirror. Everything is ok with the little guys teeth! Whew! Daddy freaked out over nothing!

Our visit ended up with Matthew picking a toy from the toy chest. He selected a little race car that I'm sure mom and I will enjoy feeling under our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment