Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fun afternoon visiting a farm

This afternoon we had a great time visiting a farm in Conklin, MI. They have a "petting" farm on Saturdays.

Matthew liked the baby goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits and riding the pedal tractor. Michelle liked the goats and I liked the white Silkie chickens. I've wanted one for quite awhile because they look so neat.

We fed all the animals and had the opportunity to experience a little of farm life. We enjoyed some lemonade and popcorn as Matthew drove the tractor.

I told the lady that runs the farm about our 5 "backyard chickens" and told her how much I admired her Silkies. She asked if I wanted to purchase one for a couple dollars. Of course I couldn't say "no", so we ended up bring one home. We named her "Snow White" because she is so soft looking and white. Who would have ever thought that "visiting" a farm that we would bring one of the animals home?

No comments:

Post a Comment