Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Matthew!

Dear Matthew,

Two years ago today you were born in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan. It was exactly 7 months later that mom and I got to hold you in our arms. I remember it like it was only yesterday, yet it was actually 17 months ago.

The love that I have for you I can’t even put into words. It’s so much more than what any words could ever say. Each night when I tuck you into bed I hold you in my arms and I say our prayers. Absolutely every night I thank God for allowing me to be your dad. I just can’t believe that He picked me to be your dad. I am so very blessed.

You’ve been home with mom and me for 14 months. I have to say that the last 14 months have been the best of my life. I love playing with you, holding you in my arms, tickling you and hearing you laugh, watching Elmo videos and reading you books. Mom and I are so happy that you are our son.

The past 14 months have flow by way too fast. It seems like just yesterday I was telling everyone you were 10 months old. I look at some of the early videos I took of you and I see how much you have grown and changed. You are turning into a little boy. It makes me happy, but it also makes me sad. I just don’t want you to grow up so fast. Your little smile and giggle are absolutely priceless. You are so incredibly cute!

I cherish every moment that I get to spend with you. I look forward to all the memories we will make in the coming years.

I love you Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment